|Inclusion Count is an after school program dedicated to engaging pre-kindergarten (4 years old), kindergarten and elementary school children in high-quality, hands-on apprenticeship opportunities with caring adults in the out-of-school hours. Kingdom Academy brings together the academic and social supports needed to ensure that all students succeed by offering programs before, during and after the school day for students and their families. The programs are designed to support the school's academic program and expand the services offered within the community. The program provides additional academic instruction; specifically reading and math, outside of the regular school-day to increase the academic achievement of students in low-performing schools. Other programs offered are academic enrichment activities for students, art activities, physical health, sports instruction, social skills, service learning opportunities, chorus, computer, and homework assistance and other educational interventions.
The factors that have influenced and will continue to influence the success of our program include:
- Our state of the art facility which provides all students with full access to ample indoor and outdoor space as well as technology.
- Programming in academic support (reading, writing, math & science), physical education (organized sports & karate) & nutrition, technological resources, social skills, service learning, art and music (chorus) and foreign language.
- Free transportation from MDCPS from selected schools.
- Year-round field trips and in-house activities.
- High level of parental involvement opportunities.
- Tutoring and homework assistance.
- A safe and nurturing inclusion environment.
- High standards for staff credentials and trainings.
- Full inclusion support and on-site therapeutic and intervention services.
- Our retention percentage is the proof of parents and students satisfaction.
- Hands-on and innovative lessons.
A portion of our Out-Of-School program is generously funded by The Children's Trust and the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC). The "Inclusion Counts" program provides all the benefits of our regular out-of-school program within an inclusion setting.
Transportation to and from selective neighboring schools is provided. Eligible students under the 21st CCLC grant are able to participate in the after school program free of charge.